If you are in Domestic partnership in DC, you have rights if you experience domestic abuse. You are eligible for a Civil Protection Order in Washington, DC if the alleged abuser is your current or former:
- Spouse or domestic partner
- Intimate or dating partner
- Relative (by blood or marriage, domestic partnership, or adoption)
- Parent of a child of yours
- Or is someone who is or was in a relationship with someone who you are or were in a relationship with.
But even if you are not in such a relationship, you may qualify for a Protective Order, if you are the victim of any of the following intra-family offenses: stalking, sexual assault, or sexual abuse.