Maryland Expands Acts of Abuse for Peace Orders
The Maryland Legislature, effective October 1, 2016, expanded the definition of “Abuse” covered by domestic violence Peace Orders to also include the following acts:
- (ix) Malicious destruction of property under 6-301 of the Criminal Law Article;
- (x) Misuse of telephone facilities and equipment under 3-804 of the Criminal Law Article;
- (xi) Misuse of electronic communication or interactive computer service under 3-805 of the Criminal Law Article;
- (xii) Revenge porn under 3-809 of the Criminal Law Article; or
- (xiii) Visual surveillance under 3-901, § 3-902, or § 3-903 of the Criminal Law Article.
These are in addition to the other acts included in my prior article on Maryland Peace Orders.