The Maryland Legislature, effective October 1, 2016, expanded the definition of “Abuse” covered by domestic violence Peace Orders to also include the following acts:
- (ix) Malicious destruction of property under 6-301 of the Criminal Law Article;
- (x) Misuse of telephone facilities and equipment under 3-804 of the Criminal Law Article;
- (xi) Misuse of electronic communication or interactive computer service under 3-805 of the Criminal Law Article;
- (xii) Revenge porn under 3-809 of the Criminal Law Article; or
- (xiii) Visual surveillance under 3-901, § 3-902, or § 3-903 of the Criminal Law Article.
These are in addition to the other acts included in my prior article on Maryland Peace Orders.