Magnets were a favorite toy when I was growing up. So how could I resist buying the modern day magnetic toy for my todler? It has lots of magnets encased in colorful plastic building rods and blocks.

It turns out that the magnets can come loose and several kids around the country have swallowed or enhaled them. Apparently two of these little magnets inside you can cause all kinds of damage and have even caused a couple of deaths around the country.

The Consumer Product Safety Commission has issued a recall. If you have a Magnetix toy around your house, take it away from your toddler.