These are the defenses that your spouse can raise under the Hague Convention:
Child Custody Rights Defenses
- You did not have custody rights.
- You were not actually exercising your custody rights at the time of removal.
Wrongful Removal or Retention Defenses
- You agreed to the removal.
- You acquiesced later to the removal.
Defenses Related to Child
- The Grave Risk Defense. There is a grave risk that his or her return would expose the child to physical or psychological harm or other place the child in an intolerable situation.
- The child objects and has attained an appropriate age and maturity.
- The child has been integrated into his community and environment for over a year.