We’ll be posting a series of articles about domestic violence cases in Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia.

In Maryland you can file for a “Protective Order” in any District Court or Circuit Court for protection from abuse from someone who is a member of your family or household.

When the abuser is someone who is not a member of your family or household, you can file for a “Peace Order.” A Peace Order can only be obtained in District Court.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.