Domestic Violence Protection in DC

This next series of articles will deal with domestic violence protection in the District of Columbia.

In the District of Columbia you can file for a “Civil Protection Order” for protection from abuse from someone who is essentially a member of your family or household or otherwise related to you.

When the abuser is someone who is not related to you nor a member of your household you usually have to file for a “Restraining Order.”