Here are some ideas for decorating your own space to make it kid friendly if you are a separated or divorced dad:
1. Make sure each child has private space in your new home.
2. Let the children help decorate by picking their colors and posters. Duplicate their favorite clothes and toys at mom’s house.
3. Leather looks great and is a child friendly fabric.
4. Safety proof your home. Look out for things like sharp angles, unguarded stairs, cleaning supplies not put away.
5. Display lots of pictures of the kids.
6. Make sure there is a place for schoolwork and get involved with your child’s school.
These tips are from designer Akilah Kamaria as reported by Beth Neuman in this article.